Note – Will discuss implmenting at January MaVRI Advisory Council – First training March 22 2013
Maryland's Commitment to Veterans is looking for licensed behavioral health providers who are working with or would like to work with veterans and their family members.
Currently, all providers MUST be licensed and a member of Value Options as our referral and billing system is provided through Value Options. All public mental health system clinicians are especially encouraged to join us. If interested contact……Local Health Departments
Local Health Departments (LHD) hold clinics for family planning, immunizations, communicable disease, substance abuse or mental health. Department of Health and Mental Hygiene are asking LHD to identify veterans using LHD clinics and provide veterans with information for Maryland’s Commitment to Veterans (MCV) program.Process:
LHD’s may incorporate any of the questions below into their intake process. If someone responds yes, please explain MCV program and provide a brochure. Direct referrals can be made to the appropriate RRC (see contact information below).
Sample Questions for Local Health Department Providers:
- Have you or a member of your immediate family served in the military or armed forces?
- Are you or an immediate member of your family enrolled in the Veterans Health Administration?
- If yes, are using health care services from the Veterans Health Administration? Which ones?
- Besides health, are you or an immediate member of your family aware of your VA benefits?
- If yes, are you receiving VA benefits?