• English

    Google Translate Disclaimer

    The Maryland Department of Information Technology (“DoIT”) offers translations of the content through Google Translate. Because Google Translate is an external website, DoIT does not control the quality or accuracy of translated content. All DoIT content is filtered through Google Translate which may result in unexpected and unpredictable degradation of portions of text, images and the general appearance on translated pages. Google Translate may maintain unique privacy and use policies. These policies are not controlled by DoIT and are not associated with DoIT’s privacy and use policies. After selecting a translation option, users will be notified that they are leaving DoIT’s website. Users should consult the original English content on DoIT’s website if there are any questions about the translated content.

    DoIT uses Google Translate to provide language translations of its content. Google Translate is a free, automated service that relies on data and technology to provide its translations. The Google Translate feature is provided for informational purposes only. Translations cannot be guaranteed as exact or without the inclusion of incorrect or inappropriate language. Google Translate is a third-party service and site users will be leaving DoIT to utilize translated content. As such, DoIT does not guarantee and does not accept responsibility for, the accuracy, reliability, or performance of this service nor the limitations provided by this service, such as the inability to translate specific files like PDFs and graphics (e.g. .jpgs, .gifs, etc.).

    DoIT provides Google Translate as an online tool for its users, but DoIT does not directly endorse the website or imply that it is the only solution available to users. All site visitors may choose to use alternate tools for their translation needs. Any individuals or parties that use DoIT content in translated form, whether by Google Translate or by any other translation services, do so at their own risk. DoIT is not liable for any loss or damages arising out of, or issues related to, the use of or reliance on translated content. DoIT assumes no liability for any site visitor’s activities in connection with use of the Google Translate functionality or content.

    The Google Translate service is a means by which DoIT offers translations of content and is meant solely for the convenience of non-English speaking users of the website. The translated content is provided directly and dynamically by Google; DoIT has no direct control over the translated content as it appears using this tool. Therefore, in all contexts, the English content, as directly provided by DoIT is to be held authoritative.

    How to File a Complaint Complaint Procedures Complaint Form

    Filing a Complaint with the Board

    The Board investigates complaints against audiologists, hearing aid dispensers and speech-language pathologists. If you wish to file a complaint with the Board, you may complete the Complaint Form or you may write a letter to the Board explaining your complaint. In either case, the complaint must be signed and dated.

    Please include in the complaint the name, business a nd home address and telephone numbers for yourself, the practitioner and a ll other persons who have knowledge of the complaint.

    In order to investigate the complaint, the Board will need to review the medical records concerning the occurrence in the complaint. Please also include in the complaint a statement that you consent to the release to the Board of medical records relating to you and the occurrence in the complaint from a ny hospital, related in stitution or health care practitioner, including the practitione r about whom you are making the complaint.

    You should be aware that when a complaint is received, the Board normally forwards a copy of the complaint to the professional and requests that he or she respond to the issues in the complaint. If you feel that there are reasons that the complaint should not be shared with the practitioner for response, please include these reasons on a separate statement attached to the complaint.

    Board Review

    The Board will review the complaint and the practitioner's response and will determine whether further investigation is warranted. If the complaint is referred for further investigation, the investigation may take ninety days or more. The Board's process for handling complaints is explained in the section entitled Complaint Procedures . The Board will keep you advised of the status of your complaint and will advise you when a final determination is made.

    The Board does not have authority to handle complaints concerning fee disputes, refunds or other similar economic issues where there does not appear to be a claim of fraud or misrepresentation. The Board refers such complaints to the Consumer Protection Division of the Attorney General's Office. The Board will notify you if such a referral is made.