An individual whose license has been expired for less than five years may apply for reinstatement of their license. These individual must call the Board and request a reinstatement for and inquire about the current fees for reinstatement of an expired license. Contact the Board at 410-764-4725 to request a reinstatment form.

An individual whose license has been expired for more than five years must reapply for licensure and meet/exceed all current requirements for licensure. Use the appropriate form in the 'Licensure Forms' section and submit all required materials and fees to the Board.


LiveScan Pre-Registration Application

In State Instructions

Out-of-State Instructions​


In accordance with the statutes and regulations in the State of Maryland, license applications can only be approved by a quorum of the Board at our monthly Board meetings. The dates of the Board meetings can be found on the landing page of our Board website: PLEASE NOTE: APPLICATIONS THAT ARE NOT COMPLETE ONE WEEK PRIOR TO THE UPCOMING BOARD MEETING, ARE NOT GUARANTEED TO BE REVIEWED OR APPROVED UNTIL THE FOLLOWING MONTH’S BOARD MEETING. Please note that the receipt of items coming from outside entities (i.e. transcripts, exam scores, verifications from ASHA, results of criminal records history checks) are not in the Board office staff’s control. Please follow-up with those entities to ensure they have sent the items requested directly to our Board. In order to determine if your license has been approved following a Board meeting, please click on the 'verify a license' link on our website 3 business days following the Board meeting. If additional information is needed to complete your application, the Board will contact you.

Important Notice to Recent Graduates

Recent graduates with a Master's in speech-language pathology or a Doctorate in audiology are advised that national examination score reporting by ETS is now completely electronic. Recent graduates that did not indicate the Stateof Maryland as a licensure body to receive electronic score reporting are advised to contact ETS immediately to take the necessary action required by ETS so that the Board can view an applicant's score reports. Failure to address this may result in a delay in the issuance of a license to an applicant.


Audiology: Application for Full Licensure​​
Audiology Full Licensure Check List
Audiology: Application for Limited Licensure


Speech-Language Pathologists Full License Check List and Application
Speech-Language Pathologists Limited Licensure
Speech-Language Pathologists Limited Licensure Check List
Speech-Language Pathologists Assistant Limited Licensure
Speech-Language Pathologists Assistant Limited Licensure Check List
Speech-Language Pathologists Assistant Full Licensure​​​
Speech-Language Pathologists Limited License Renewal​
Speech-Language Pathologists Assistant Limited License Renewal


Hearing Aid Dispenser Application for HAD Full Examination 
HAD Limited License Examination ​​​
Application For Waiver of Hearing Aid Dispenser Examination ​
Hearing Aid Dispenser Limited License Renewal​​​
HAD Practical Exam Schedule - 2021 - 2022 ​​
Hearing Aid Dispenser - Place of Business

Important Notice for Active Duty Military and Recently Discharged Military Veterans & Spouses

Pursuant to the Veterans Full Employment Act of 2013, military veterans discharged within one (1) year of application for licensing or registration qualify for expedited processing of applications and review of equivalency requests for military training. The Board will expedite review and processing of applications of any military schools or courses submitted as qualifying equivalents for required educational licensing/registration educational standards. The Board extends these privileges to active duty military, including reservists called to active duty for training or deployment. These provisions also fully apply to spouses of active duty and qualifying veterans.

To further comply with the letter and spirit of the Act, counseling assistance is available to qualifying veterans, active duty personnel, and spouses on application, licensing and credentialing issues. The Executive Director, Oluremi Dean, serves as the Board liaison and counselor to any qualifying veteran, active duty service member, or dependent spouse who requires information, guidance or assistance on issues relating to licensing. She may be reached via email at or by phone at 410-764-4723.

This Board is prepared to assist all qualified military veterans in any way possible to meet the Act’s provisions. Should any Act provisions be further amended (or as further information becomes available) information will be posted on this website.


Note to ApplicantsApplicants who submitted their applications online will be sent a link to complete the required law exam electronically. If you are unable to submit your application online. You may complete a paper version below. Please use the statute and regulations under the Regulations tab to complete the Law Exam. A completed Law Exam must be on file for an application to be considered complete.​

Hearing Aid Dispensers
Speech-Language Pathologists
Speech-Language Pathologists Assistants


Individuals or organizations submitting requests for approval of Continuing Education programs or activities must submit an application (select below). Requestors should retain a copy of their application for their records. The Board will return the application noting approval or denial. Requestors should contact the Board if they have not received a response within three (3) weeks of submission. Applications may not be submitted via fax.

Online Application for Prior Approval of a Continuing Education Program/Activity 
Online Application for Approval of a Continuing Education Program for Individual Participation​


All licensees must submit a change of mailing address form to the Board within 30 days of the change. This includes changes to e-mail addresses.

Name change forms must be submitted within 30 days of the change. If a revised license is requested a $5.00 duplicate license fee must be submitted with the name change forms.

The inactive status form may be used only during the renewal process (i.e., within 60 days prior to the expiration date of the license).

Replacement License Request​
Walk-In Administrative Procedure
Change of Address Form​
Inactive Status Form​
Name Change Form​


Complaint Form