• English

    Google Translate Disclaimer

    The Maryland Department of Information Technology (“DoIT”) offers translations of the content through Google Translate. Because Google Translate is an external website, DoIT does not control the quality or accuracy of translated content. All DoIT content is filtered through Google Translate which may result in unexpected and unpredictable degradation of portions of text, images and the general appearance on translated pages. Google Translate may maintain unique privacy and use policies. These policies are not controlled by DoIT and are not associated with DoIT’s privacy and use policies. After selecting a translation option, users will be notified that they are leaving DoIT’s website. Users should consult the original English content on DoIT’s website if there are any questions about the translated content.

    DoIT uses Google Translate to provide language translations of its content. Google Translate is a free, automated service that relies on data and technology to provide its translations. The Google Translate feature is provided for informational purposes only. Translations cannot be guaranteed as exact or without the inclusion of incorrect or inappropriate language. Google Translate is a third-party service and site users will be leaving DoIT to utilize translated content. As such, DoIT does not guarantee and does not accept responsibility for, the accuracy, reliability, or performance of this service nor the limitations provided by this service, such as the inability to translate specific files like PDFs and graphics (e.g. .jpgs, .gifs, etc.).

    DoIT provides Google Translate as an online tool for its users, but DoIT does not directly endorse the website or imply that it is the only solution available to users. All site visitors may choose to use alternate tools for their translation needs. Any individuals or parties that use DoIT content in translated form, whether by Google Translate or by any other translation services, do so at their own risk. DoIT is not liable for any loss or damages arising out of, or issues related to, the use of or reliance on translated content. DoIT assumes no liability for any site visitor’s activities in connection with use of the Google Translate functionality or content.

    The Google Translate service is a means by which DoIT offers translations of content and is meant solely for the convenience of non-English speaking users of the website. The translated content is provided directly and dynamically by Google; DoIT has no direct control over the translated content as it appears using this tool. Therefore, in all contexts, the English content, as directly provided by DoIT is to be held authoritative.

    Temporary Food Service Facilities

    ​Content and forms on this page are intended for citizens and businesses of Queen Anne's County, Maryland. Contact information for other counties can be found at the following web address: https://health.maryland.gov/Pages/departments.aspx

    A temporary food service facility is a food facility that operates for a temporary period of time in conjunction with a fair, carnival, recreational facility, fundraising event, or other public event. Public event means a planned gathering that is open to the public and advertised with fliers, banners, newspaper articles, radio or television announcements, or on an Internet website as being open to the general public regardless of whether or not a fee is charged. The facility operates at a fixed location for not more than 14 consecutive days.

    Examples of events that would require a temporary permit:

    • Outdoor carnivals and fairs
    • Concessions served at sports tournaments/races
    • Fundraisers open to the public
    • Restaurants serving/preparing food at an event at an off-site location
    • School events open to the general public

    An Application to be a temporary food service facility must be complete and submitted to our office at a minimum of two (2) weeks prior to a public event via e-mail, mail, or fax. Upon receipt of the application, the applicant will be contacted to discuss the application and requirements, and if approved, a temporary permit will be issued.

    Application for Temporary Event License

    No permit is required for commercially, pre-packaged, non-potentially hazardous foods such as:

    • Bottled water
    • Candy
    • Canned/bottled soda
    • Bagged chips

    Bake Sales

    Bake sale means a place where only non-potentially hazardous bakery goods, including breads and pastries, are sold in conjunction with a fundraising event. Home kitchens may produce only non-potentially hazardous baked goods including (but not limited to) baked cakes, breads, muffins, high acid pies or cookies.

    Any individual or groups wishing to have a bake sale needs to fill out the Bake Sale Assessment Form and return it to our office two (2) weeks prior to the event.

    Bake Sale Assessment Form