Birth Certificate Corrections

​A birth certificate  registered by the State Registrar may be amended in accordance with Md. Code Ann., Health-General § 4-214. The State Registrar adopts rules governing the form of these requests and the type and amount of proof required. 

To request a change to a birth certificate, you may email the affidavit and associated paperwork to and a representative will contact you directly regarding the request and payment options.

You may also mail the request to amend a birth record form with a $10 amendment fee and a $10 certificate fee noting on the form what type of change is needed.  After we receive your request and the amendment fee, we will evaluate your request for processing and respond, in writing, if there is a need for additional information. 

Changes to birth certificates include: