• English

    Google Translate Disclaimer

    The Maryland Department of Information Technology (“DoIT”) offers translations of the content through Google Translate. Because Google Translate is an external website, DoIT does not control the quality or accuracy of translated content. All DoIT content is filtered through Google Translate which may result in unexpected and unpredictable degradation of portions of text, images and the general appearance on translated pages. Google Translate may maintain unique privacy and use policies. These policies are not controlled by DoIT and are not associated with DoIT’s privacy and use policies. After selecting a translation option, users will be notified that they are leaving DoIT’s website. Users should consult the original English content on DoIT’s website if there are any questions about the translated content.

    DoIT uses Google Translate to provide language translations of its content. Google Translate is a free, automated service that relies on data and technology to provide its translations. The Google Translate feature is provided for informational purposes only. Translations cannot be guaranteed as exact or without the inclusion of incorrect or inappropriate language. Google Translate is a third-party service and site users will be leaving DoIT to utilize translated content. As such, DoIT does not guarantee and does not accept responsibility for, the accuracy, reliability, or performance of this service nor the limitations provided by this service, such as the inability to translate specific files like PDFs and graphics (e.g. .jpgs, .gifs, etc.).

    DoIT provides Google Translate as an online tool for its users, but DoIT does not directly endorse the website or imply that it is the only solution available to users. All site visitors may choose to use alternate tools for their translation needs. Any individuals or parties that use DoIT content in translated form, whether by Google Translate or by any other translation services, do so at their own risk. DoIT is not liable for any loss or damages arising out of, or issues related to, the use of or reliance on translated content. DoIT assumes no liability for any site visitor’s activities in connection with use of the Google Translate functionality or content.

    The Google Translate service is a means by which DoIT offers translations of content and is meant solely for the convenience of non-English speaking users of the website. The translated content is provided directly and dynamically by Google; DoIT has no direct control over the translated content as it appears using this tool. Therefore, in all contexts, the English content, as directly provided by DoIT is to be held authoritative.

    Official License

    Official licenses are available for Occupational Therapists and Occupational Therapy Assistants. All forms can be obtained by visiting the Forms page.

    Official License Process

    The process for official license is as follows:

    A. Request an application.

    •          Notify the Board office if you are a military veteran or spouse discharged within 1 year of application.  Expedited services
               may  be available to you. Click here for more information.

    B. Complete the application, including:

    •     2 Self-addressed labels (used to mail your official license).  Click here for more information.

    •     A photograph affixed.

    •     Notary Seal impressed over a portion of the photograph.

    •     Application fee ($200) money order or check payable to MBOT

    •     Successful completion of the jurisprudence examination.  

    •     Continuing education requirements.

          a.  If it has been less than 1 year since graduating from an O.T. academic program, 0 contact hours are required.

          b.  If it has been move than 1 year since you graduated from an O.T. academic program

                       - Verification of current certification with NBCOT; OR
                      -  Verification of 12 contact hours.

                 c.  If it has been more than 3 years since practicing occupational therapy, additional requirements may apply. 
                      Click here for more information.

    C. Forward request to third parties responsible for sending material to the Board Office on your behalf.   For example:

    • Letters of Verification from any state or country in which you have been licensed.

    • Attestations to moral character completed on forms provided by the Board Office. Two (2) moral character forms are needed. 

    • Verification of examination or initial/current certification or examination from the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT).

    D. Board Office forwards all applications completed by the 3rd Wednesday to the Board on the 3rd Friday of the month.